Every woman has their own personal tips and tricks they can share when it comes to beauty, and everyone loves a good “hack”, whether it’s a beauty hack or a plain old life hack! Whether it’s something we learned on our own, or was passed down to us from our mothers or grandmothers or other important women in our life, we all have little jewels we can pass on to help make someone else’s beauty routine easier. Here are a few of mine that I’d like to share:
- When blending your eyeshadow in your crease, turn the brush so that the side with the shadow is up towards your brow. This will make it easier to get a great, flawless blend and you won’t get the color on your lid.
- When wearing nude lipstick, line your lips with an invisible liner like Rimmel’s Moisture Renew Lip Liner. The color goes on clear so your lipstick doesn’t bleed, and without the lip liner showing up, you get a more natural look.
- If you have oily skin, you can save money on those expensive blotting papers by using toilet seat covers or or wrapping tissue to blot your face.
- Apply your concealer after your foundation. If you apply concealer before, it will more than likely be wiped off when you apply your foundation. One of my favorite concealers is Maybelline’s Better Skin concealer, which offers great coverage and blends really well.
- When applying undereye concealer, blend it up onto your eyelids and then set with a little bit of powder. This will act as a primer for your eyeshadow, causing the shadow’s pigment to last longer and go longer without creasing.
- Picking the right shades of makeup is much easier when you know your skin’s undertone! Find yours by looking at the veins in your wrist. If yours appear more green, you have a warm undertone. If they look more blue, your undertone is cool.
- After you apply your foundation, take a baby wipe or wet tissue and carefully wipe the hair around your face. This is especially important if you have dark hair; it will remove the little bits of product that may have gotten into your hairline while blending. My favorite baby wipes that we always keep on hand at our house are Huggies’ Simply Clean baby wipes. (I also use these as eye makeup remover wipes! They work well and they’re gentle on my sensitive skin!)
- To get thicker lashes, you don’t need an expensive mascara! Simply dust your lashes with coats of baby powder (or black eyeshadow, if you have it!) between coats of mascara and you’ll get thicker, fuller lashes without spending a fortune.
- Exfoliate your lips twice a month with a mixture of sugar and Vaseline on an old tooth brush. Your lips will look fuller and younger, and your lip products will apply way better.
- And speaking of Vaseline, you can apply it to the edges of your nails before you paint them, to make clean up of the extra polish easier.
These tips are some that I’ve picked up from various people and places over the years. All of these have been tested by me, personally, so I can attest to how well they really do work! Try them for yourself and let me know which tip was your favorite!
This post contains affiliate links.