Hey, friends! Today is National Lipstick Day! In honor of this awesome “holiday”, here are some facts you may or may not have known about lipstick:
- Women use up to 9 lbs of lipstick in their lifetime. That’s more than a lot of newborn babies!!
- Lipstick sales statistically increase on days when the weather is gloomy. I guess a pop of bold color against a gray sky gives women a little pick me up, huh?
- Lipstick is the most commonly shoplifted item.
- According to a past issue of Ladies’ Home Journal, 65% of women use lipstick on a daily basis and 25% won’t leave home without it.
- No one was permitted to wear red lipstick on the sets of Elizabeth Taylor’s films, since Mrs. Taylor was known for wearing red.
- Supposedly, Elizabeth Arden’s obituary read “she treated women like horses and horses like women”. That may be because she was known to apply her signature pink lipstick to her horses’ mouths. Ewwww.
- Seventy-five percent of women think it’s fine to reapply their lipstick in public.
- Ninety percent of women wear lipstick to feel better about themselves, not to attract attention from men.
- Seventy percent of men think that red lipstick is the sexiest color.
- Did you know that 30% of our lipstick ends up in our stomach? This is apparently due to lip-licking and eating.
Thanks for reading! Be sure to rock your favorite shade today and show it off! What color will you wear? Let me know in the comments!